Thursday, November 13, 2014

That Scary Word

I went to the dermatology doctor again today to get results on the "thing" I had removed from my scalp last week.
Unfortunately it was basal cell carcinoma.
Now I will have to see the surgeon and have more tissue removed till they get clear edges.
It will be done under a local anesthetic on Dec. 1st.
I'm hoping that it doesn't involve shaving too much of my hair!!
I need it.
It's winter!!!
The Trillium Center is quite a place.  You can look it up on FB or their webpage.


I also had a complete dermatology body exam today.
That is interesting!
The doctor looks at every inch of your body that has skin on it with his big magnifying glasses!
I had 3 more things removed today!
I'm at the age that back when we were younger, we sun-bathed!
I laid out on the beach with oil on!!  Just frying and getting as tan as I could.
That was before all the sun precautions that there are now.
I have a lot of sun damage.
All those age spots . . . . Yep, gifts of the sun!
Time to pay up I guess!

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment