Sunday, November 9, 2014

Inflexability

It seems as I age, I am becoming more and more inflexible.
It doesn't really bother me but it seems to irritate other people!
I realize that being somewhat inflexible has made my world a little smaller than it used to be.
That doesn't really bother me either!
I'm comfortable here.
It doesn't mean that I'm not doing things and moving around a lot.  I don't just sit and watch TV!  In fact, I watch very little TV.  I seem to find things around the house or running errands that keep me quite busy!
I don't really want to travel anymore.
Since I've been posting "Parts of My Life" on face book's Throwback Thursdays, even I am amazed at the things I've done and the places I've been!

I do seem to have to plan things more now however.

I'm not one to just pick up at the drop of a hat and go somewhere out of my comfort zone unless I plan for it at least a couple days beforehand!!
My plans for the day are written in my datebook and on the calendar on my iPhone.
My comfort zones consist of going to town and to the barn.
I know that does sound small but I do go other places too, but there's rules.
I have to plan ahead of time, I like to get started before noon and get back home before dark!
Boy, that does sound "old"!
Well, I have my dog to feed and my chickens to put away after-all!!!
Of course, unexpected things happen in life and we all have to adjust but, I'm saying, it's harder now than it used to be.

Shirley

You can also find me on my main blog here:
http://shirleys-world.blogspot.com/

And on Face Book here:
https://www.facebook.com/shirley.corwin?ref=name





1 comment:

  1. At least you didn't say you need to clean out your purse weekly! Now that would be OLD!!!

    ReplyDelete