Monday, September 1, 2014

Aging, Such a Joy!

Yes, of course, I'm thankful that I am aging instead of the alternative but "Oh, My", some days!!
I think I have been doing really well on watching and changing my diet though.
I have not had one huge spike in blood sugar the whole time I've been testing.
In fact, nothing really out of the ordinary!
I'll be anxious to see what my next A1c is next month.

OK . . . . The Aging thing!

I hope there's other seniors out there reading my blogs on-line and plodding along with me!
Please feel free to comment if anything looks familiar!
Or if you have any suggestions!

I finally let the color grow out of my hair!
After the bad winter I had with hospitalizations and surgeries, I thought, 
"What the heck am I coloring my hair blond for!
Nobody thinks I'm 30 or 40 anymore!
So I got it cut short and that took care of most of the color.
I'm pleased that it has come in nice and white.
I have colored my hair since I was 20!!
I didn't even know what stages of color my real hair went through!!
I still have 5 boxes of Clairol and L'oreal hair color upstairs.
I'd buy it when I had coupons or when it was on sale.
I guess I'll take them to GoodWill.  They are fairly new and still sealed.

Here I am with my son's two.  My grandkids.  They are 5 and 7.
I surprised everyone and actually went in their pool on Saturday!!
Of course, no bathing suit!!  NOOOOOOO!!!!
Just a tee shirt and clam diggers!

I got a pedometer for myself to see how many steps I take most days.  I was just curious and read it is good for your heart to do 10,000 steps a day.  Well, I haven't ever even reached over 7000, and that was only once.  It's usually around 5000.  Even on slow rainy days I make sure I'm over the 3000 step  "sedentary" mark by going to Target or someplace and walk around.
It helps me to have a basket to push so I don't weave all over.  I swear I can't walk straight anymore.  What is that!!!  I remember my mother used to say that.
OMG, I am my mother  : ))
(Bless her heart!)

Shirley










2 comments:

  1. You got Dad's white hair. Mine is changing but don't know what it will end up. It's not salt and pepper.
    I told you if I got a pedometer it would just buzz and scream, " You're DEAD"
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No!! You'd be surprised how many steps you take.

      Delete